Gmail “Temporary Error (500)” is a frustrating and most common issue which comes during Gmail Sign into account. This Gmail error message will tell you “We’re sorry, but your Gmail account is temporarily unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience and suggest trying again in a few minutes.” This Gmail trouble does not mean that you will unable to login Gmail account forever but the problem may remain for some time.
Sometimes what we see, which applications are to be installed on the computer can prevent Gmail from working properly. This includes programs like anti-virus, firewall applications and Internet security. Few examples of these common applications which are McAfee, Norton, AVG, Avast!, Kerio. Do temporarily disable all these programs, then try to login again into Gmail.
If disabling the programs solves the problem, then visit your software’s help resources for further gmail help. Sometime, you had to enable the specific exceptions on your software to allow Gmail to work properly. Still, you are unable to solve the problem by disabling the programs, re-enable the program to continue protecting your computer from malicious software.
What is Gmail Temporary error 500?
As the name of this error itself suggests it is a temporary error associated with Gmail. The basic meaning of this error is that there is something wrong with the Gmail server. Like all other email services, Gmail also relies on its servers to fetch the required data. Most of the time Gmail servers work flawlessly. This is the reason why Gmail is so famous.
You should know the fact that there are some Gmail server errors and issues that are inevitable. One such error that is quite common with the Gmail server is Gmail Temporary Error 500. This error accompanies the error message i.e. “Sorry, but Gmail is temporarily disabled.” The occurrence of this error can be extremely annoying especially when you are looking to send or receive emails through your Gmail account.
The good thing about Gmail Temporary Error 500 is that most of the time you don’t have to do anything in order to fix this problem. It will get resolved as soon as the problem with your Gmail server gets vanished. But, in some cases, the problem can continue for a prolonged time as well. In such a condition, you need to fix it by following the general troubleshooting steps.
Error 500 Code Explanation
You must note that Error 500 is not limited to Gmail only. In fact, Error 500 means an internal server error that can occur with a variety of web applications. Given below is the meaning of different error 500.
- 0 A module or ISAPI error occurred.
- 22 An ASP.NET http Modules configuration does not apply in managed pipeline mode.
- 23 An ASP.NET http Handlers configuration does not apply in managed pipeline mode.
- 24 An ASP.NET impersonation configuration does not apply in managed pipeline mode.
- 52 Rewrite error occurred while handling RQ_SEND_RESPONSE notifications. An outbound rule execution occurred.
- 53 Rewrite error occurred while handling RQ_RELEASE_REQUEST_STATE notifications. An outbound rule execution error occurred. The rule is configured to run before the exit user’s cache is refreshed.
- 13 The web server is too busy.
- 15 Direct requests to Global.asax are not allowed.
- 19 The configuration data is invalid.
- 21 Module not recognized.
- 500,100 Internal error
- 11 The application is closing on the web server.
- 12 The application is busy rebooting on the web server.
- 50 A rewrite error occurred during RQ_BEGIN_REQUEST notification handling. Inbound rule configuration or execution error occurred.
- 51 Rewrite error occurred while handling GL_PRE_BEGIN_REQUEST notifications. A global configuration or global rule execution error occurred.
How to fix Gmail Temporary Error 500?
Sometimes add-ons or extensions you’ve installed on your browser can also prevent Gmail from working properly. You have to disable your extensions one by one can help to determine which, if any, of your extensions might be causing the problem. Next, you need to clear your browser’s cache and cookies to check whether that resolves the issue or not. The server errors are most often temporary which you have experienced. If you’re still getting the same errors, here you can also try it:
- Check the Apps Status Dashboard for information about widespread errors.
- Visit the Gmail Help Forum to connect with Gmail experts who can help.
When customers face this type of problem the engineers at Google immediately spring into action and try to fix the issues with the server while the users get connected to other servers and the work continues. Since Google has many servers the problem with a particular server does not create much problem and the work can continue normally. Contact Gmail Hotline to discuss this issue and learn more about the topic.
99webmail where you can find solutions to resolve one variety of issues related to Gmail account. Problems related to servers can only be dealt with by Gmail technical team and the engineers at Gmail take steps to immediately resolve the problem. Get the best solutions to deal with error issues from Gmail technical team.
Step by step process to resolve Gmail errors and issues
As we have already stated above in this post, you don’t have to do anything in order to fix this kind of Gmail temporary error. As it is an internal server error, the Gmail team might be already working on the same in order to fix it. We recommend you wait for some time before taking any drastic troubleshooting measures to fix the same.
In case the problem continues for a prolonged period of time then you can try the following solutions in order to fix it.
- First of all, you need to make sure that the version of the browser you are using is compatible with Gmail. One good thing about Gmail is that it works fairly well with most browsers. For the best performance, we recommend you to opt for a popular web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.
- Try to run Gmail again after clearing the cache and cookies of your browser. The steps to clear cache and cookies depend upon the browser you are currently using. You may also delete your search history if possible.
- Sometimes, add-ons and plug-ins installed on the browser can also stop you from loading Gmail properly. So, we recommend you disable these plugins one by one to see which one is causing the problem.
- You may also try to load Gmail once again after disabling your antivirus temporarily.
- Those who are using an outdated version of the browser should update the same immediately. Please note that Gmail works at its peak performance with the latest version of the browser.
- Switch to another browser to see if this resolves the issue in case the problem continues for a longer period of time.
- You may also consider loading Gmail after running your web browser in safe mode if the error persists.
- It is also advised that you should talk to other Gmail users as well. It is possible that there might be a major server issue at the end of Google which might be taking time. If the other users are also facing the same problem then you should wait for a while before trying other troubleshooting measures.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: I have just received Gmail Error 500. What is the first thing that I should do?
Answer: Well, in this case, you just need to check the Google service status using the dashboard and confirm that there is a service outage. After confirming the service outage, you should wait for some time as the Gmail team might be working on the same currently.
Question – 2: Can an issue with your browser cause Gmail Error 500?
Answer: This is an internal error with the server. It is a rare chance that there might be a problem with your browser. However, you may still try the troubleshooting measure mentioned in this post.
Question – 3: What are the browsers compatible with Gmail?
Answer: Gmail works well with most of the popular browsers. However, for the best performance, we recommend you to go for browsers such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, etc.
Question – 4: What does error 500 mean on Gmail?
Answer: The meaning of this error is that there is some issue with Gmail internal server.